Amphibians do not drink water but instead replenish their moisture and ion levels through their skin via osmosis. They absorb water, via their permeable skin from the humidity in their environment as well as by sitting with their backside in a shallow water body, soaking up moisture. Because most amphibians reproduce in temporary or permanent shallow pools, or carry their tadpoles to these water bodies, the Frog Pond is an important feature in every tropical terrarium.
- Ideal for Poison Dart Frogs, Tree Frogs and various other amphibians
- Natural pebble-rock look integrates in any type of terrarium
- Recessed placement allows reptiles and amphibians easy access
- The shallow water body and integrated steps prevent animals from drowning
- Easy to clean food-grade resin prevents development of harmful bacteria
Small 15 x 12.5 x 5.5 cm (6″ x 5″ x 2.2″) – capacity 75 mL
Large 17 x 13.5 x 6 cm (6.7″ x 5.3″ x 2.4″) – capacity 110 mL