The Exo Terra Canopy Cave provides a multi-level habitat for tree-dwelling reptiles and amphibians who are often reluctant to use ground-level caves for hiding or nesting.
A proper hiding area is an essential feature of a natural terrarium. Without a safe spot to hide and sleep, reptiles and amphibians will easily develop stress that will affect their activity and appetite. Stressed reptiles can retreat to this elevated and secure hide-out and regain their strength.
When filled with Exo Terra’s Forest Moss, the Canopy Cave is very suitable as a moist nesting hideaway for tree-dwelling reptiles and amphibians to deposit their eggs. A convenient clip system allows you to remove the hide and check your pet or its eggs without compromising its nesting behavior.
A static cling is included to cover the spyhole and darken the interior of the cave to give your reptile privacy and prevent stress. The spyhole allows you to check your animals or their eggs without disturbing them by simply detaching the upper 1/3 of the static cling, taking a peek, and then restoring it to its original position.
Key Features :
- Arboreal nesting shelter
- Perfect for tree-dwelling reptiles and amphibians
- Closable spyhole
- Provides a humid microclimate for hiding, shedding and egg-laying
- Convenient, self-adhesive clip system
- Clean the surface of the terrarium glass.
- With the protective backing still intact, place the Self-adhesive Clip to determine its final position.
- Mark the position with a wax pencil or other marker.
- Remove the protective backing and carefully fit the Self-adhesive Clip within the marked area.
- Make sure the tape is pressed evenly against the terrarium glass and that no air bubbles are showing.
- Press the self-adhesive part firmly against the glass panel for at least 30 seconds
- Wait a few moments and make sure the tape is attached firmly to the terrarium before suspending the Canopy or Elevated product.
Dimensions: 5″x 3″x 7″H